Powered by Blogger.

Teenage Acne

Meet Josh, my 15 year old.
My son is 15 years old and is suffering from pimples and blackheads.  A lot of people gave me advise not to worry and it's all part of growing up.  I had this nagging feeling that I should not take the risk, I will not allow my son to get pimple scars.  This is serious and I need to act fast.

I personally did not have a problem with acne during my teens, the acne curse started after I gave birth.  I know  how frustrating it is to endure this disease, it affects not just the health of the skin but the self esteem as well.  It scars you for life and I do not want my son to experience that.

Josh with his grandpa.
First attempt is at the One Beverly Spa, huge mistake.  The people are great and I have my massage at their center, but they did not help my son one bit.  It only made it worse.  I bought their potions, I think I spent close to 1,700 with the creams and the soap and what have you.  He also had the facial which was a terrible move on my part.  I'm glad that he did  not get scarred but the blackheads and the pimples just became worse.

That is when I decided to consult a licensed Dermatologist.  There is one in Sta Lucia, Skinhealth Incorporated, and I am hapy with the results so far.  He had the consultation and the facial.  The whole visit cost me less than 2000 Php.  He was given the liquid soap, Php 195; Toner, Php 260; Clinda T Solution Php 365.  Consultation is around 900 Php I think.



Over the counter medicine might work, astringents might work, potions from facial salons might work... but why take the risk?  Pimple scars will last a lifetime and although Derma visits are costly it is worth every penny.

Josh doesn't want his pics uploaded so you guys just have to take my word if the pimples disappear. He is a little vain and doesn't want to show the world his pimples. Sorry, my son wants his privacy hahahaha.

I'm happy with the visit and I am confident that this disease will be under control.  The facial at this center cost around 900 Php, which is worth the money if it means my son will have clear skin.  Can't you tell I love the bugger to death?

I will update you guys soon.

-Purtty

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Purrty and purdy are english slang for "pretty". This blog is a collaboration of Purtty (Jane) and Purdy (Step), aunt and niece just spending kikay moments together. We love korean cuisine, movies, dramas, cosmetics... basically anything korean. Purtty and Purdy loves to travel, go to the spa, spend time shopping and just about anything kikay. We love life and this blog is a just a sneak peek of our everyday life.

Followers

  © PurttyAndPurdy

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates